Jr. Android Developer
Development Center, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Headquarters: Kansas City, KS
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Please note: This is not an entry-level position. Experienced programmers only. Candidates will be required to take an on-site (or virtual during 2020) Android live coding exercise.
Your job duties will include:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java or Kotlin code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
It Would be a plus If:
- Knowledge in Koin or Dagger
- Knowledge of Kotlin Coroutine
- Knowledge of Unit testing and instrumental testing
- Hands-on experience in MVVM Design architecture
- Top of the line Apple laptops for increased mobility and better productivity.
- Medical insurance for all permanent employees.
- The opportunity of working with an organization that believes in investing in employees’ growth.
- An absolutely informal work environment that enables you to have fun while being productive.
- Lots and lots of fun activities, we take over one of the nearby restaurants every last Friday of the month, tickets to all Marvel movies for the entire team, company picnics, and more!